CLASSES WILL RESUME SPRING 2021
THANKS FOR AN AMAZING SUMMER!
The High Country Paddle Shack offers SUP Yoga classes led by Caroline Sloan at Morgan Falls Overlook Park in Sandy Springs, GA
WHAT IS SUP YOGA?
SUP Yoga is a fusion of yoga and stand-up paddle boarding. Classes are led by instructor, Caroline Sloan and are open to "all levels," however previous knowledge of basic poses is highly recommended. Students will be taken through a Vinyasa Yoga flow with customized instruction for the paddle board. Modifications are given throughout the class to allow you to flow through the poses at your own pace and skill level.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Classes will resume Spring 2021
Check back for dates in January!
ALL CLASSES - $45
*any Class cancellations require 24 hr notice*
HOW TO BOOK YOUR CLASS:
- Click "Book Now"
- Select Start Date choose the Sunday of your choice
- Select Class Time
- Click Continue
- Provide Payment Info, and click Pay
Head over to the High Country Paddle Shack on the day of your class! Please arrive 15 minutes early to secure parking and fill out a waiver!
Sandy Springs, GA 30350
No Prior Experience Necessary!
- Prior experience is not necessary, but a basic knowledge of poses is highly recommended. Students will move through sun salutations and various balance poses - modifications offered by the instructor as seen fit!
Paddle Boards, Paddles, and PFD's provided
- We will provide you with a SUP Board, paddle and PFD (Personal Flotation Device) By law, all boaters must have a coast guard approved PFD on board. If you are under the age of 13, you are required to wear it at all times.We provide child and youth PFDs. If you have your own, please bring it for a more comfortable fit. PFD must be Type II, III, or V. If using a Type V PFD that requires inflation, you must be wearing it at all times.
- Please note on your reservation if you have your own board, we will still provide an anchor for you!
What Should I Wear?
- We recommend moisture wicking clothing, with UPF. It is not often people fall in the water, but it’s always best to be prepared 🙂
- Remember to apply SPF before class!
- Make sure you come well hydrated and on an empty stomach
What Should I Bring?
- A water bottle - we recommend 16 oz for every hour on the water. We have refreshments for purchase at The Shack in case you forgot yours.
- Sunscreen - we highly recommend 50+ SPF water-resistant sunscreen
Is There an Age Limit?
- We ask that all class attendees be at least 13 yrs or older. If under the age of 13 please have a guardian reach out to Caroline@highcountryoutfitters.com for exception. Please note that by law individuals under the age of 13 are required to wear a PFD at all times which may impede ability to move through poses.
MEET THE INSTRUCTOR
SUP Yoga Classes are led by Caroline Sloan